Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Excessive yawning

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Excessive yawning
I yawn almost constantly as soon as I step outside of the house or after work. It is really annoying. I never was a deep breather and I dont know if that has anything to do with it or not. I do smoke about 15 cigarettes a day and I do drink wine after work. Could this be related to this bothersome problem of mine?
Yawning is a common symptom, one that once it occurs tends to recur as if it has become ingrained in a person’s respiratory center.  It is a habitual occurrence and is almost never a symptom of disease.  It may or may not be related to smoking and/or alcohol ingestion and the best way to find out it to exclude smoking and alcohol from your daily routine for a while and observe the effect on your yawning.  Yawning, when it is a person’s  only respiratory symptom, can be a nuisance, but it is nothing for you to be worried about.

Good luck
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker