Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Exposed to freon 134a, from my car's dash air-conditioning leak
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Exposed to freon 134a, from my car's dash air-conditioning leak

was taken to the emergency room by ambulance, I was having major problems breathing and my arms went numb and where shaking called 911. They thought I had heart problems because I was unaware my freon had all leaked out in the dash of my car. Now taken many meds with steroid's but still having problems breathing almost 3 weeks later? I'm 44 and was in perfect health.
Related Discussions
251132_tn?1198082422
Reactive airways dysfunction syndrome (RADS) refers to the sudden development of asthma following an insult to the lung.  This insult could be an acute intense chemical exposure, such as the freon leak from your car air conditioning about 3 weeks ago.  RADS may also be called occupational asthma.  This chemical exposure causes irritation or inflammation of the airways of the lungs.  This may be temporary or permanent depending on the concentration, duration, and frequency of the exposure.

As long as you are not exposed any more, this inflammation may go away by itself.  Then you would no longer be troubled by the problems breathing.  Sometimes it takes medicine to clear away the inflammation.  You may benefit from using a medicine that is used to control asthma such as an inhaled steroid.
3 Comments
Blank
Your Problem is probably from Hydrofluoric acid burns to your throat and lungs. I built a website to explain the dangers of 134a. The address is www.deadly134.com .
Blank
Hi.
A natural herbal extract product eliminates asthma for one year or more, also improves mucus expelling.There are 2 ways to order. Visit http://aliviasma.4t.com  for more info about this dietary suplement.
Blank
A related discussion, freon was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Could a freon leak make me dizzy? was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker