Respiratory Disorders Community
Failed Pulmonary Function Test
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Failed Pulmonary Function Test

Hello,
I am a 27 yr old female and have been having difficulty breathing for a little over a month.  Here is my history since this started: (smoked for 10 years - Quit 2 years ago)

- Lung Infection January and it went away with a Z-pack.  
- Middle of February I got the same feelings, sore throat, burning feeling in chest, fever and shortness of breath.
- The Dr said I probably had walking pnemonia (pneumonia) and gave me another z-pack.  That didn't do anything.
- Peak flow test which was 340.  My pulse ox was normal.  
- Treated me for Asthma.  Albuterol and Flovent did nothing after a 1 1/2 weeks.  
- Went to the ER as I started feeling worse, chest x-ray and blood work normal, no improvement from breathing treatment.
-Pulmonary Function Test showed reduced FEF25-75 with normal FVC and FEV1, no improvement with bronchodilator.
-CT of Chest showed normal - solidary mildly enlarged 2 cm superior mediastinal lymph node (Not sure what this means)

It's been over a month and I feel the same, sore throat, sore and burning chest, and shortness of breath constantly.   I do have an appt with a Pulmonologist next month but I am just very concerned.  I feel as though I have to bug my Dr to help me. I am a new Mom with an 8 month old and need to get better quick.  

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.   Thank you so much for your time:-)