Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Feeling of throat constriction makes it difficult to breathe

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

For several years now, off and on, I've had a feeling as if my throat is constricted, making it difficult to breathe.  Sometimes I get a little dizzy and it is difficult to function during the day.  When this happens, it feels like I can never get a deep enough breath.  I can feel something in the back of my throat- almost like a lump or something, but I don't know what it is.  I thought it might be mucus, but I never hack up any mucus.

I have seen various doctors in the past for this.  Every test came up negative.  One  doctor did suggest that I might have acid reflux issues, and prescribed Protonix.  I've been on Protonix for some time, along with dietary changes, but the issue has not gone away, and has suddenly gotten much worse for no apparent reason.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker