Respiratory Disorders Community
First Bronchitis, Now..?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

First Bronchitis, Now..?

OK, this is a long story. I've been battling something for almost two months now. First I had a cough for about three weeks. Then a month ago I developed a fever, fatigue, and worsening cough. The doc gave me antibiotics, though she said there was no sign of infection in my lungs or sinuses. (I asked her for antibiotics because I was going out of town that weekend). I did get better on the antibiotics -- the fever went away -- but I still had this hacking cough and was wheezing, too. Back to the doc. She said I probably had bronchitis. She did a chest x-ray and said my lungs were clear but prescribed Abuterol for my cough and also a course of oral steroids. The steroids helped reduce the cough significantly. But I am still coughing up mucus, though it feels like allergy-type mucus. My lymph nodes in my neck still also feel swollen, and I feel some pain my jaw. My ears feel plugged, too. I don't have a fever, though. What's going on? Any ideas? Thanks for your help!