Respiratory Disorders Community
Fluid in lung

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Fluid in lung

I am going in for a 2nd draining of my left lung. The test on the fluid removed and blood tests did not show any presense of cancer. What could be the cause of the continued build up of fluid?
fyi,someone else on the site has a question about fluid build up in lungs.Question did the drs ever tell you this could cause death or a suffacation problem?
You are describing pleural effusion where fluid accumulates between the pleural space and the lung. There are many reasons for this to happen besides cancer such as infection (pneumonia, TB...), heart/kidney disease, pulmonary embolisms, autoimmune disease (lupus),  The doctors need to figure out why this is happening to you...what have they told you and what tests have they run on you?
Sunny