Respiratory Disorders Community
Flu..then UTI. Leaving on cruise Saturday..need help!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Flu..then UTI. Leaving on cruise Saturday..need help!

Some advice please.  I am 74 & over past 6 years several diagnosis:
MycoPlasmaPneumoniae, horrible with no treatment of asthma symptoms, next treating asthma symptoms, then finally diagnosed with a form of ABPA. Reaction to aspergillus (aspergillosis) under skin & high IGE 2200 but no evidence of blood antibodies. Treated with 15mgs prednisone every OTHER day for 3 yrs w/exacerbation occasionally. Last Dec "11 was able to get off prednisone & best yr ever until now.
Caught flu which became UTI.w/yellow/tan mouthfuls when coughing. Had pred 13 day pack for breathing. Then short steroid shot & 100mg of doxycycline. Helped color of plugs & cough but still white mouthfuls of sputum.  Doxy has made me feel weird, little dizzy & yesterday & today nauseated. Very tired.  Leaving on Saturday for fight to FL & cruise!! What can I do to get better?  Should I ask for another antibiotic & get off Doxy?  Urgent to get well!  Please answer soon.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You can ask for bronchodilators, they help relieve bronchospasm and so help clear the secretions and the infection. Also try steam inhalations they help to loosen up the secretions. Ensure to do this prior to your meals.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank