Aa
A
A
Close
Following up w/ an immunologist
I wanted to respond to many of you suffering from chronic sinus infections. I have had a history, beginning as a child of ear, nose, and throat infections. As a child it seemed to be recurrent ear infections, as a teenager the infections were mainly in my throat, and as an adult in my sinuses. After seeking treatment w/ my PCP and being on one antibiotic after another, I was referred to an ENT. He placed me on Xzal, nasonex, and sinus rinses to see if it helped. The improvement was mild. He suggested I follow-up w/ an allergist. The fist one I went to did not do a complete allergy test and only advised I had mild allergiest to dust/mold/pollen. I returned to the ENT to have a deviated septum corrected and the whole nine yards. I continued to get infections, my PCP referred my to another allergist/immunologist and recommended a bunch of blood work. Most of it was normal but I had sky high IgE levels? So he did an indepth allergy profile. I was allergic to wheat, chocolate, tomatoes, broccoli, beef, cashews, green beans, lima beans, pine trees, grass, dust, and mold. I began allergy shots and they have helped. I am still getting sick. It's not natural for a person to be on so many antibiotics throughout their life...the immunologist is worried that I will get a bacteria resistent to the antibiotics or immune system will become so supressed I will need to either be on antibiotics long-term or explore alternative treatments. For now I take a priobiotic every time I take an antibiotic, to alleviate killing off all of the good bacteria. I take a nasal steroid and an oral steroid, and rotate the types of antiobiotics. Also, make sure your dr. takes a sputum sample. It doesn't do any good to take an antibiotic that the bacteria is resistent to.

Hope this helps. It's frustrating and I'm tired a lot. But I've finally found a dr. to try an solve the problem and not treat the symptoms.

This discussion is related to Chronic sinus infection recurred post-op.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
With all your sinus problems did you ever become hoarse?? - Twice a year I did around allergy prime time - but recently after come home from hospital with double pneumonia - my lungs are fine now - pneumonia cleared up - but I sound like a frog sometimes - unless I keep on lozenges and warm drinks  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources