Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Going on 7 weeks with antibiotics and still sick!
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Going on 7 weeks with antibiotics and still sick!

I had Pneumonia 5 1/2 months ago......then got Roto-Virus...was sick for 4-5 weeks at that time.  Then just 4 months after that I contracted Pneumonia again, but in the other lung this time.  Took more antibiotics (Zithromax/Cipro)...and the Xray showed the Pneumonia to be gone..but in its place I had a bad case of Bronchitis and Infection of the Sinus cavities.  I am allergic to Penicillian/Sulfas......so am now on my 3rd of 5 pills (750mgs) of Leviquin.  Still coughing up mucus and not feeling great yet.  I haven no health coverage and this last bout has cost me 3 doctor visits/2 Xrays and the 5 pills/Leviquin were $120.00!  Is there anything I can do to get rid of these problems without seeing the doctor/and getting more antibiotics?  Holistic treatments perhaps?  My husband said I should be walking alot to clear my "chest"...as he swears that resting (as the doctor said to do) makes the situation worse/last longer, etc.  Thanks for any input......I am 58 years old and I know the old you get, the worse and more deadly Pneumonia can be.