Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Green sputum

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Green sputum
33yo F have had good health until recently. I have fought c-diff for about 6mnths and finished a 6wk tapered dose of vancocin about 3wks ago. The last week I have had a productive cough with green sputum. I dont cough alot seems to be worse in the morning and at night. I have been a smoker for about 10yrs. I went to the doctor and was told my lungs sounded clear and because of the c-diff no antibotics. Can vancocin be effective treatment for respiratory infections. When do I start to get worried because this green stuff is new for me and its scary. Just checking out my options thanks
I assume that "c-diff" means Clostridium Difficile.  This is an anaerobic bacterium that usually causes diarrhea.  However it can cause respiratory infections, especially upper respiratory infections.  Many antibiotics are effective against it including Vancocin
A related discussion, cold and green sputum was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker