Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Ground glass appearance in chest Ctscan.

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

After spot was seen on the right upper lobe of lung I had MRI, and petscan and finally bronchoscopy which found toxic mold. Now I take Ctscan every few months to check the spot, It is stable but last Ctscan found ground glass appearance in a nearby area. I am coughing but not having breathing problems.  I will see the Dr. next week, but he doesn't seem to give me answers.This has been going on for a year and a half.On looking this up find all kinds of answers..what is the definitive test to see what this is?
A lung biopsy is the definitive test to see what this is.  The "ground glass appearance" makes it more urgent to know for sure what this is.  Depending on the location of the spot, it might be possible to do a video assisted thoracic surgery (VATS).  This is a minimally invasive procedure in which the lung and surrounding tissues are examined through a scope with a small video camera at one end of a flexible tube.  This scope is placed through a small incision between the ribs into the chest.  During this procedure tiny pieces of lung tissue can be taken for further testing.  This is called a lung biopsy.

The "toxic mold" could be the primary problem.  It could also be an opportunistic infection that is superimposed on some other lung problem.
Only description doesnot help.Better if actual ct is depicted for acomment
A related discussion, ground glass appearance was started.
A related discussion, ground glass appearance in ct scan was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker