Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Growth or Tumor on the Pulmonary Artery

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Growth or Tumor on the Pulmonary Artery
My father is 78 and a tumor has been discovered in or on his pulmonary artery.  His doctor is referring him to a local University hospital for furthur tests based on the fact that he (the doctor) has never seen a tumor in this location.  My father has rhumatiod arthritis and has had valve replacements.  He is currently fighting a high level white blood count that causes  abnormal levels of as-ceto-sin-a-fins (don't know how to spell this, but phonetically it sounds like this) He was seeing a hemotologists for this condition when the tumor was discovered.

Do you have any idea what this tumor might be? Is there a chance it is malignant, or are there conditions that are common that might cause this.  

Is this an indication of COPD?

Most impotantly, is there something you might be able to suggest that would prevent us from having to go from doctor to doctor on this one.  He is so tired of seeing doctors who make a diagnosis, then refer him to someone else who then makes a different diagnosis.  I am hoping to get some help in narrowing our focus and getting him to the right doctor for diagnosis and treatment ASAP.  At his age it would help him to cope with yet another health set-back.  I don't want him to give up on finding the answers and my mom is worn out trying to keep his spirits up.  

Thanks for any help.
What a difficult and tiring situation for all of you.  This is not an indication of COPD.  A pulmonologist at a local university medical center would be ideal to prevent you from having to go from doctor to doctor.  This specialist would be the best doctor to answer your other questions.
A related discussion, Pulmonary artery cancer was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker