Respiratory Disorders Community
HEAD COLD ON PREDNISONE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

HEAD COLD ON PREDNISONE

HI...I AM ON PREDNISONE FOR AN MS FLARE UP. THIS IS ALL NEW TO ME. I AM INTO MY 6 DAY OF PRED DOSE AT 40 MG. BAMB A NASTY HEAD COLD. THE ISSUSE IS I CAN NOT GET THE MUCUS TO STOP FLOWING. I HAVE TO SIT UP AND FOWARD TO DRAIN. I HAVE AN IRRUGLAR HEAT BEAT AND CAN NOT TAKE MOST SINUS MEDS. CAN'T GAT A HOLD OF MY DOCOTR. AM I THINKING RIGHT? I AM ALL BALLLONED UP W/ FLUIDS AND COULD THIS THIS BE THE CAUSE OF THE EXTRA MUCUS? TEA AND STEAM HELPS UNTIL I STOP THEN THE MUCUS STATRS AGAIN.
Follow this technique, to help with the mucus. Do it more than 15 minutes, twice a day.Continue this anulom vilom after the cold gets better, as it will help with MS problem.Let me know your progress at some point.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
December 19 ,2011
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE RESPONSE. HEARD BACK FROM MY DOCOTR AFTER I STARTED TO BURN FEVERS. THE FEVER AND HEAD COLD SET OFF ALARMING MS SYMPTOMS. ON ANTIBOTICS NOW. NO MORE FEVERS BUT FEET AND FINGERS STILL NUMB. CAN'T BREATH THROUGH NY NOSE YET. USING STEAM 6 OR 8 TIMES A DAY TO CLEAR UP THINGS. WILL TRY THE ANULOM VILOM AS SOON AS I CAN. WILL GOOGLE AND SEE WHAT I CAN LEARN. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP. I AM TOUCHED.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Anti-histamines and locally acting nasal decongestants can help control the nasal secretions. They are unlikely to have any contraindications to MS medications. Check with your doctor regarding this.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.