Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
HIV

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

HIV
I have been divorced for 11 years from a Gay man whom I did not know was Gay when I was married. He has just been diagnosed with HIV.His partner of 3 years just passed away from Aids. My question is  :Do I need to be tested ? Should I be concerned about possibly having HIV ? Is 11 years long enough to have no worry about this ? He claims 6 months ago he was tested and it showed negative , he was hospitalized a week ago and diagnosed with HIV . I have not been tested since our divorce .
I have just recently met someone I would like to have a relationship with .
Thank you,
Sadi
You definitely need to be tested.  Eleven years is not long enough to have no worry.
This is a no brainer.

....get yourself tested.
Get tested!
Hi Sadi here and I am happy to say I am HIV negative !!!  Thank you all for shocking me into getting tested . Guess I didnt want to believe I might be infected so I kept telling myself 11 years was long enough. I thank God almighty that I am not infected and I pray daily for those who are to have strength and courage and faith in God .
Thank you,
Sadi
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker