Respiratory Disorders Community
Hacking cough, no mucus, tightness in lungs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

I've had this hacking dry cough for 3-4 weeks now and it started getting worse a few days ago.  When I breathe in too deeply my chest/lungs tighten and the cough hurts.  When I breathe the air feels very cold.  What could this be?  I don't cough up anything, it just won't go away.  It all started when I was eating and a friend made me laugh and I sucked the food in wrong- is it possible to get food in your lung?  I also have pains in my neck and back- is it connected?
Get it checked out;  You could've asperated(spelling) food into your lungs.   Like, when you choke on ur spit, it's because the flap inside ur broncho thingie (sorry not a doctor) that seperates air and food (lung and stomache) so it can hurt and it can even feel like ur drowning.... GET IT CHECKED OUT.