He needs help...
Ok my boyfriend hates doctors, and he's very sick.
He passes out for days at a time. He doesn't remember alot when he wakes up. He goes to sleep early and if he doesn't he falls over and either way he wakes back up around 12 and has trouble breathing.

I don't know if this might have anything to do with it but he used to cough up blood from a torn lung, he passed out then too.

It really scares me and I want to know if this is something that will go away after time or if it's more serious than that.
He REALLY needs to be evaluated by a doctor.  This could be very serious or it could be narcolepsy.  This could be dangerous if her were driving when he fell asleep.  

If he refuses to go to a doctor, call an ambulance the next time it happens.

Take care.
I'm with bsml.

The next time this happens call an ambulance.
Tell him to do this pranayam, twice a day, everyday and increase the timing to 20 minutes, a little at a time. Let me know how he feels after 21 days.The extra oxygen going into the body, will help the healing process. You also do it with him, and feel the benefit.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
January 2, 2011