Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Headache and numbness upper teeth

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Headache and numbness upper teeth
I'm just getting over a cold.  Last week was really bad and I started to feel much better by Saturday, 3.7.09.  This morning I woke up with a low grade headache which has gotten worse as the day progresses.  The last hour or so is really bad and I have a numb sensation along top teeth.  Please review and advise.
Given that you were recovering from the cold, it is unlikely but not impossible that your headache is related to the cold.  It is possible that, despite the apparent recovery, the cold has morphed into sinusitis and that can sometimes be associated with pain, numbness or discomfort of one’s teeth.  However, there are many more common causes of headache, including migraine headaches and with many types of headaches, pain and other sensations may frequently be referred to the face, jaws or teeth.

If headaches are uncommon for you and if your current headache is still severe by the time you receive this response, you should seek medical attention, without delay.

Good luck.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker