Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Help can't breathe

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Help can't breathe
The past few days i have been unable to breathe very well when i wake up. When i try to inhale i go into a dry coughing fit. It feels like i have a huge pressure pushing on my chest. This takes about 15 minutes to subside.
I do not smoke, drink or do drugs. i do however live with two smokers.
Whatever the cause of your symptoms, it would be aggravated by your exposure to cigarette smoke.  The most worrisome symptom, for me is the “huge pressure pushing on my chest.”  The reason it is worrisome is that would more often be a symptoms of heart disease rather than lung disease and if this “huge pressure” is not an exaggeration, and persists you should definitely have that checked out by your doctor.

As for the breathing, the most common causes would be acute bronchitis (either caused by or aggravated by the smoke) and asthma.  

You definitely should see your doctor to have these symptoms checked because, whatever the cause, it is likely to be treatable.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker