Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Home remedy for getting rid of "frogs" in throat

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Having been on Advair for one year, I now have "frogs" in throat which causes me - a singer - to lose
my voice when singing low notes.  The Advair was discontinued and I am now on Symbicort which, I am afraid, is causing the same problem.  Is there a simple "home remedy" for this problem?
Thank you. Jane
This must be a miserable experience for a singer.  What you describe is probably being caused by the inhaled steroid (ICS) in these 2 preparations fluticasone in the Advair® and budesonide in the Symbicort®.  And, it may be dose related, so that the first step would be for you and your doctor to consider reducing the strength of the ICS.  You may be able to get optimum therapeutic benefit, with diminished side-effects, at the lower dose.  Along these same lines, unless your doctor is absolutely certain that you have persistent asthma, you might be able to get by without an ICS.

You should, without fail, always use a spacer with the inhaler and rinse your mouth and gargle after each treatment.

Then you and your doctor might want to try yet a different ICS; one that has been associated with fewer side effects, such as Asmanex® Twisthaler® 220 mcg (mometasone furoate inhalation powder).
i have a frog in my throat and im 30 minutes from performing at my school. im an actress. what do i do
A related discussion, cure frog in the throat was started.