How To live with low oxygen levels?
I am a 32 yr old female that was diagnosed with Pulmonary AVMs. It has been a few years now since I was put on home oxygen. I don't notice any difference with it. I am trying to find answers on how do I manage and live with  low oxygen level. I find that I am less active because as soon as a walk or stand my level drops to 69-73%. When I am lying down it is at 89-91. How long can someone live on supplement oxygen? How do stay active?
Those are seriously low o2 sats.  I have a friend that is an NP.  She is on home o2 for severe asthma.  She does quite well and take her o2 to work with her at times.  

You really need to be on o2.  Sats <90 can cause an enlarged heart if left untreated and it remains that low.  I have several thoughts on it not seeming to make a difference.  First, your concetration may be set too low, or the unit may not be working properly.  You should have it checked by you doctor.  Also, it can take a while for you to feel better and start regaining your energy.  Be patient, but it is very important that you get o2.  

Take care and feel better.
God bless.
To increase your oxygen level naturally, do this pranayam daily for 30 minutes, twice a day. You will notice the benefit in weeks. Let me know when you start to feel the improvement.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
February 16, 2011
I guess I will have my unit checked out. The highest stetting is 5L. I guess it just doesn't seem to work the same way ask hospital ones.  I am struggling with this new life of mine. I have recently stopped teaching because it was a bit too much for me and my health.
I will start trying this out today. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question.