How can I stop excessive mucus/phlegm after a cold or sinus infection? HELP!
Every time I catch a cold or am treated for a sinus infection, I wind up with a cough due to excessive mucus that won't go away. I'm sure it's from a post-nasal drip because I feel it at the back of my throat.

This time around, I caught a virus and was on antibiotics for 2 weeks for a sinus infection. The infection cleared up, but now I'm stuck with this excess clear mucus and I can't get it to stop! I've become a phlegm fountain!

At first I was taking Guaifenesin to thin out the mucus because it was very thick and made me gag. Then the next week I tried all sorts of things: saline nasal washing, nasal sterioids, Claritin, and Benedryl. Nothing made the mucus go away. Saline washing or taking a steamy shower helps a little bit, but the mucus just comes back in a few hours. I'm constantly clearing my throat and blowing my nose. It's very annoying. Soon I'll be dealing with this for an entire month. What can I do to make this stop already?!  If I had a dime for every time I've had to clear my throat this month I'd be a multi-millionaire. My throat is sometimes sore and my  voice is hoarse from all this constant throat clearing.

For the record, I don't smoke (never have) and I'm a 47-year-old woman. I get monthly allergy shots (but this is definitely NOT allergy...it's some sort of over-reaction from my body after having this sinus infection).
yeah I have same problem for years...been on so many medicines and variety of nasal sprays and all.

got tired... so now I only keen for herbal or any organic stuff.

but if something may come up.. let me know!

NOTE: I notice mine stop a bit after good rest and in a happy mood.