Respiratory Disorders Community
How do I get rid of it???!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

How do I get rid of it???!

I'm about to be 16, and have had the same things as everyone else here since late 2008. I'm OCD, type A personality for sure, but not the extreme point at all. I have always been one to get nervous, but never like this. Many doctors have I been too, and they all have said the same thing: there is nothing wrong! If I think about it, it gets worse, and I feel like I'm running out of air. I take gasps of air, which does nothing. I learned how to stomach breath, ( a recommendation by my doc), but it does nothing. I can be anywhere, and it just comes and I can't control it. I have many sleepless nights, and it really affects my whole life. It's the most depressing thing! I know it's not physical, but is there any way to train my body out of feeling the need to do this vicous cycle? Any breathing exercises or natural remedies such a supplements anyone recommends? I have no allergiees. I feel like we all have the same thing, and doctors are just telling us it is anxiety and we're some weirdo mentals. We are DEF not! I never had anxiety until this. My anxiety is only caused because I feel like I can't get a good enough breath. Oh, and all of a sudden I can immendiately get a good breath and am fine after a few minutes of feeling like I have no air. HELP!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms of hyperventilation, palpitations and cold sweat could be attributed to Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome. It is characterized by hyperventilation for no apparent reason, frequent yawning, palpitations, dizziness, sweating, fainting, depression, and cold sweats. You could practice breathing exercises. Try yoga and meditation they have calming effects. Go for long stress free walks. If things are really bogging you down and you need help consult your primary care physician, he will guide you appropriately.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.