How do I get well from Bacterial Phenomena, this is the second time I have had Phenomena this year?
I have had Phenomena twice this year, the first time was in May, I was in the hospital for 6 days, as my lungs were so infected, they thought I had blood clots in my lungs.  Just this past few weeks, I have come down with Bacterial Phenomena, and I have had 3 different set of Anti Bioctics, and when I try to go to bed, even though I am propt up with 3 to 4 pillows, I just about cough myself to death, so needless to say, I am not gettting any rest.  I have alot of congestion in my chest, and it is always worse at night.  I have been to my doctor, and he said the Phenomena was gone.  I don't feel like it is gone.  Once you have had it, you know what it feels like, and when it is gone, and when it is not.  What do I do now, and how do I get help to be able to get some rest, and make sure my lungs are clear again?
Please help me, advise me as to what to do now.  Thank you for your time and trouble.
Mrs. Deb B
Deb;

Did they do a sputum test to find out what type of bacteria they were treating you for?  

Are you under the care of a pulmonologist?  

You should have been instructed to do do breathing exercises at home to keep your lungs from filling back up with fluid and they often give people oral steroids or an inhaler to keep the airways open.  Or some sort of nebulizer?  Were you given some precription cough syrup or medication for the cough so you can get your rest?  

You also should be off work for several days.  

And even when you are recovering you will have a cough for several weeks afterwards and it will take weeks or even months to get your strength back.  

If your doctor didn't do any of these things, I recommend you change doctors.

Get well soon!!!!