Hyperinflated Lungs
I have been having issues off and on – not being able to take a deep breath, (including not being able to complete a yawn) chest ache, and sometimes chills and fatigue.  

I had a chest x-ray that came back saying I had COPD. (I'm not a smoker and never worked around chemicals so this was an unusual diagnosis. My primary dr. tested for Alpha-1 but never mentioned the results so I assume it came back negative.) What it really was showing was hyperinflated lungs. I went to a pulmonologist and took a PFT test which came back normal, so he said I didn't have COPD, and he didn't even think I had asthma.

But I'm still having these issues. Could my lungs still be hyperinflated? How long does something like hyperinflated lungs last? Does it ever go away?

Also causes – if it's not COPD then what might have caused this? I've taken atenolol for ten years, could that be a cause? Also could thyroid problems be a cause? (My dr. tested my thyroid and it's been up and down, but still within "normal." And an ultrasound showed my thyroid is slightly enlarged on my right side.)

Thank You.