Respiratory Disorders Community
Hyperventilation Syndrome - do I have it??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

I was diagnosed with anxiety after the birth of my daughter 2.5 years ago.
my symptoms are:
chest pain, dizziness, mouth breathing, body aches, cold hands, feeling like I am always sighing, yawning, breathing from my chest not my abdomin (abdomen), nausia, tiredness, sudden fatigue, pressure in my throat,lack of concerntration, irritable! I think thats it

Since learning of Hyperventilation Syndrome I think that it is possible that I have that - maybe anxiety also but maybe they make each other worse.

Any tips of how to breath properly or just adive would be great
hi Bek 262 -- check out a very informative website on Hyperventilation which helped us a lot.

www.breathingworks.com

click on the News/Events page and you'll see a resource page
which answers a lot of questions.
I have this, too.  After much research and doctors appointments, I'm sure that it is anxiety.  Anti anxiety medication has been helpful for me in the past, but I've recently lost my mother and my symptoms are back in full swing.  I am going to the doctor today to get some stronger meds since I cannot breathe properly to save my life!  I do exercise regularly and it seems to get worse when I do...which isn't good.  I feel sometimes like I need to just sit still and not do anything, but it still comes on when I am not in a stressful situation.  I knit a lot and that really seems to help.  My kids are grown and out of the house...I feel bad that you have this with a toddler.  Just knowing that there are other people out there with this is comforting to me...knowing that I am not crazy!  Hang in there...hopefully we can learn how to manage these horrible symptoms.