I cannot sleep due to wheezing-help!
It seems like I have been sick since I quit smoking 3 months ago. I had a brief period where I began to feel better/breath better etc and then it was over. I have cold and allergy symptoms constantly, and was diagnosed with slight pneumonia and pleurisy 10 days ago by my physician. I have hardly slept in weeks due to wheezing. It sounds as if it is right in the upper part of my throat. I try to clear it to no avail. I tried mucus products, which only led to a raw throat from the coughing. When I use an inhaler, it helps slightly for a short time only. Both of my ankles keep swelling up, but I believe this is mainly from being "upright" for such long periods and being overweight. Please help me!

This discussion is related to Persistant cough and wheezing in throat.
I have wheezing in my throat that is driving me insane.Ihave a nagging unproductive cough. I quit smoking 8 years ago.I have a hernia in my stomach also. I have had the Nissan Fundylplycation surgery for acid reflux and I have an extended stomach. I also am lucky enough to have Soliosis, IBS, High Blood Pressure.  My ankles swell, I'm exhaused and I'm 40 # over weight because I am STARVED all the time. I sleep about 2-3 at night and only after I have stayed up so long I am falling out of the chair.
HELP...I am 53 and I have been told I have COPD. I use an inhaler with no relief. The wheezing increases when I lay down. I have difficulty breathing upon exertion. It is even getting difficult to walk a 3 minute walk to the mailbox! Please e-mail me at ***@**** with any suggestions.