Respiratory Disorders Community
I have a spot in my left lung 1.5cm in size

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

I had a CT scan done and they found a spot 1.5cm in size, so the did a PET scan and they said that it glowed on that scan and it was hot they said a 12.  They told me that usually if it is cancer it has spikey edges and this is smooth all the way around.  They said that the spot is full of blood vessels and that it would be difficult to do a biopsy and be able to control the bleeding. But the surgeon said he wants to do the biopsy any way. But my doctor said that if she were me she would have them just remove the whole spot and be done with it. But the surgeon said they wont do that without doing a biopsy first. I chose to wait for almost 3 months and have another CT scan done to see if the spot changed at all. I don't want to have a biopsy done. I am 37 yrs old and I don't smoke. I have a family and I just don't want to die. Please can someone give me some advise.
I am the same age and I have been threw scares to .Both decisions are scary.I think your surgen wants to play it safe because if there is something there he can take care of it sooner and it will give you a better chance of recovery.I would do the biopsy.Its your life at risk and lung cancer is hard to beat.You probubly dont have any cancer but there is always a small chance.I have 3 kids and I am the same age as you I would take the biopsy .
51, non smoker and diagnosed with the same size spot. I have 4 more weeks to meet with my surgeon and I do NOT want the biopsy. CUT IT OUT NOW! The lung specialist I met with agreed with my desires based on that the biopsy will not be 100% accurate if there is cancer involved. If it was 100% accurate, then I would go for it.

Good luck and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!