Respiratory Disorders Community
I keep getting upper respitory infections

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Hi my name is Victoria, I am 20 years old. Ever since I was 17 I constantly get UTI's.  I have had UTI 8 times in the last two months. I am currently getting over a UTI. This time it was worse then the times before. I was at work at I had become extremely dizzy, nausea, confused, and light headed. I was then rushed to the hospital for the simple fact that my entire body started to tingle and went completely numb, as I was begining to faint. I would like to know the reason for this recurrent UTI that I get at least 8 times a month, and yes I get them every month. No one is able to answer my question to why I get UTI's so much.

Thank you for your time.

This discussion is related to RECURRENT RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS won't stop.
Are you sure it's not just allergies? Are you on antibiotics long enough for your infections? Do you irrigate your sinus with salt water twice a day? I find that helps to clear up my sinusitis. If you do that in conjunction with antibiotics, it is much easier to get on top of the infection. If your infections have gone chronic, you really should be seeing an ENT specialist who can diagnose the anatomical problem with your sinuses that are causing your infections in the first place. You might then need surgery if all else fails.
I similarly get regular respiratory infections, about once every 1-2 months. It lasts a minimum of a week, often longer. The one I have right now is particularly bad. I also just had my wisdom teeth removed, and so am on a really strong dose of Penicillin, suggesting it's not bacterial, despite the hard, green phlegm I cough up every morning. My sleep tends to be pretty bad, and I never wake up feeling well-rested (I've kind of forgotten what that might feel like, since it's been this way for years--I'm 27). Suggestions? Keep in mind I've seen many doctors, had tons of bloodwork done, and they all just jump on the "You're depressed" bandwagon, which is at this point true, but wasn't true when this stuff began about four years ago (i.e., the poor sleeping and infections and lethargy), suggesting to me that my health contributed to the start of a depression, not the other way around.
Well, I too get upper respiratory infections alot.I take Z pac each time and sometimes I have to take them right after each other. (waiting 5 days in-between of course) My doc finally prescribed a stronger med.
For me I know its due to have asthma~ I know when Im stressed or over loaded it weakens my Immune system and makes me more vulnerable to getting the upper respiratory infection.  I still haven't had anyone tell me more than what I have learned from getting it every year. I find if I can keep my lungs from getting to cold it helps as well!