Respiratory Disorders Community
I need your help and opinion about my sick baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

My child was 1 1/2 months old when she developed a "cold" that consisted of a stuffy nose for about 1 1/2 months. After 2 bouts with antibiotics(amoxicillin & omnicef) it seemed that we were in the clear. Then about 3-4 weeks later she came down with a terrible cold that doesn't seem to want to go away and the doctors said there was nothing they could do for it. Then to add insult to injury when I took her for her 4 month check(one week later) up they discovered she had an ear infection and was wheezing a bit when she breathed. So now she is back on the antibiotic omnicef AND breathing treatments(which don't seem to be working in my opinion) and still as stuffy in the nose as can been. This has been just a nightmare to me as I just want her to be healthy. I am considering taking her somewhere else to find some kind of resolution but I don't know if they are doing all they can to help my child. Any help that you can offer would be appreciated. P.S. She is an extremely happy baby, no fevers or anything like that either.
Tags: Colds, infants, sick, sickle, help, Baby
my eight month has been on three different antibiotics doctor said at first no ear infection just fluid build up prescribed antibiotic wasn't better went back to dr 2nd visit had ear infection different antibiotic prescribed better for about a week after taking all antibiotic then sick again went back to dr said ear infection in one ear still conjested  runny nose eye junk and three days left of antibiotics
It's normal for infants and small children to have numerous colds that can linger for weeks.  Most colds and ear infections are viral and antiobiotics are ineffective and can actually help in the creation of superbugs.  Docs will often prescribe them to calm the parent.  Just relax and wait it out.  If this is your first child, your anxiety may be much higher than is necessary.  Believe me, by the time the third or fourth one comes along, you'll realize children just get sick - a lot - most of it viral.