Respiratory Disorders Community
ITCH IN UPPER BACK/CHEST WHEN COUGHING/SNEEZING PLEASE READ HAVE YOU EV...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

ITCH IN UPPER BACK/CHEST WHEN COUGHING/SNEEZING PLEASE READ HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED THIS?

Recently i have noticed that whenever i have a coughing or sneezing fit or my asthma is active i get what i describe as an itch inside my upper back. It is like i cannot scratch it as it is inside my chest/back. Is this itchy sensation coming from my lungs?
Maybe a nerve being irritated due extra pressure during coughing or sneezing? I really don't know, never experienced it. You should see your doctor if this is creating problems for you.
yes i have seen several docs and they think it is either an asthma related thing or due to allergies. In fact i've just been to see my gp again today and he reckons when you sneeze or cough your lungs release chemicals which can cause this sensation for some people????
Personally i'm starting to think it is probaly allergies. If your ears and throat can itch like crazy then why not your lungs???
I'm having the same thing...everytime I cough my upper back itches like crazy or it feels like there is something trying to get out lol BUT scratching it doesnt help at all...I've also been having cold like symptoms on and off for 4 months
I have all this and it really *****. Ive never had this many allergies in my life...after a little bit of exercise, or sometimes laying down, I have coughing fits with clear and kinda white mucus, and my upper back, upper chest, throat have like an inside itch. this has happened for 4 months now. some times its accompanied by panic attacks, flu like symptoms. I can tell im allergic to something. im a 28 yr old male, and i was a heavy drinker and weed smoker, but now i had to stop because of all this, because i cant handle any alcohol anymore. I get hungover from a couple of beers now. fml.
Could the itch still be related to allergies or asthma even if the itch doesn't follow closely (in time) with the symptoms of allergies or asthma?