Respiratory Disorders Community
Inhaled alot of bleach fumes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Inhaled alot of bleach fumes

last night i was doing laundry when my hand slipped on the bottle of bleach and i spilled almost the whole bottle of bleach into the wash, and inhaled bleach fumes for at least 15 minutes while cleaning up the mess and putting whites into the bleach. i starting coughing right away for about a half hour i had a couging fit, and then pain in my upper chest area were it hurts to take a deep breath. should i be ok my mom was like your just alittle eritated but iam concerned because i woke up during the night an then today still in pain and breathing with pain in chest.