Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Inhalers to Nebulizer Meds
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
25201 tn?1255584436
Inhalers to Nebulizer Meds
I recently, with the approval of my Physician, switched from Inhalers to Medication via nebulizer. I had previously used Advair 250/50 bid and Xopenex Inhaler PRN. First for financial consideration I requested this change. I am now using Pulmicort 0.25 via nebulizer bid and noticed some improvement almost immediately even without the addition of the bronchodilator. Tracking the difference with my Peak Flow Meter I decided to add the Xopenex 0.63 in the evening prior to the Pulmicort. Since my numbers are very near normal for my age & height. I'm thinking this was an excellent move ... am I correct? Aside from the better numbers I rarely experience any shortness of breath. I'm very interested in your opinion.Thanks
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
248663 tn?1198086695
The most important criteria for judging the appropriateness of therapy is its effectiveness at a dose that minimizes side effects.  It appears that you and your physician have achieved that goal with the combination of Pulmicort Respules
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank