Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Intabation-due to septisemia klebsiella
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Intabation-due to septisemia klebsiella

My step mom was diagnosed with klebsiella on 12/15/01 and has been on a ventilator since then.  She received a traciatomy two weeks ago and they can not wein her off of it.  She keeps getting high fevers and her heart rate and blood pressure keeps getting higer.  Is this normal or could there be something else wrong with the lungs besides phenomia.  We are at our witts ends trying to understand what is going on with her.  The doctors say this could take months.  If you can give me any insist on this situation i would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks so much!!
Related Discussions
251132_tn?1198082422
Klebsiella pneumonia alone can account for your step mom
2 Comments
Blank
Thank You for the assistance in this matter.  Since the last question posted my step mom is now receiving dialysis because the urnine output is not what it should be and her entire body is so full of fluid her skin is splitting.  Last xray showed white fluid in her lungs.  The physcian said her albumin levels are extremely low.  A normal persons albumin levels should be around 2.5 to 3.0 and hers are 1.5 and after the first dialysis it went up to 1.8.  The doctor said that if he cannot brings these levels up she is in grave danger.  Thanks again and if you have anyother answers for us i would greatly appreciate them.

Sincerely,

Heyzues
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank