Is Pulmonary Fibrosis Curable? Prognosis please?
I have just recently been in Hospital because my oxygen Sat levels fell to 78 and I couldn't breathe.  Prior to this I have been coughing up mucous and feel generally exhausted for months - maybe even years, it crept up on me.

My discharge report says that I have extensive lung scarring and I am on 60mg prednisolone (have been out of hospital for almost 2 weeks) a day until my outpatient appointment on Monday.

They think that my condition is caused by some sort of allergen but we aren't entirely sure what as I am awaiting the results of blood tests for this.

What I really want to know is am I going to die of this? - people are being very cagey about that.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

The lung function and oxygen level will improve with this pranayam and you will know from the next test result. Do this pranayam twice a day, at the maximum timimg(30 minutes).
I will suggest some more techniques, after you start doing this.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
February 11 ,2011
I have been diagonesed for Idiopatthic Pulmonary Fiboisis.I have started anulom vilom for 10 minutes & kapalvhati for 15 minutes daily morning & evening agter 30 minutes of walk. wheather the disease will be reversed/cured.