Respiratory Disorders Community
Is breathing in moldy air bad for you?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is breathing in moldy air bad for you?

Hi! I was wondering if breathing in moldy air is bad for a person. Can you contract some kind of respiratory illness because of this? I have a car that has mold growing in it because it was sitting in the driveway for over a year when it broke down...and i just now got around to getting it fixed but noticed the stench and mold growing in there.

Thanks!

John
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank

Mold is definitely not good for you and in my opinion... can lead to other health problems.
Blank
For those who are allergic to it, it can be especially bad. If I'm around mold for too long, it activates my asthma and I have a hard time breathing.

I had a problem once where I was having trouble sleeping at night for months. Come to find out that mildew had gotten into my mattress somehow. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough to aggravate my lungs.
Blank
Like Baggins,I found mold bad for my Asthma, I lived in a very damp house for 2 years and had awful attacks, also I was sleeping with my head nearest the moldiest wall and I used to have asthma at night - I don't know if mold can give you other illness, but it certainly can aggravate symptoms.  I would suggest on a good dry day leaving the car open to dry out and maybe getting a valetting afterwards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...