Respiratory Disorders Community
Just wondering what type of cold/infection it is
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Just wondering what type of cold/infection it is

Just want to know what type of cold/infection I have. The symptoms are: post nasal drip into my lungs, sinus pain, hot flashes, lung irritation causing coughing, difficulty breathing, appetite loss, lack of energy, lung infection, and fast heart rate. 133 systolic.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4250330_tn?1388624779
Anxiety/depression I had the same thing but I would also see a doctor about it
Blank
1340994_tn?1374197577
It sounds like a virus.  There are many viruses which fall under the category of cold and many others that are flu.  Whooping cough is a virus.  Nobody can really tell you just by a list of your symptoms, but I had both whooping cough and a cold already this fall.  
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Fever and cough with sputum indicate an infection of the lower respiratory tract. You need antibiotics to tackle the infection. So, please consult your primary care physician at the earliest. to He may do a sputum culture and sensitivity to determine what antibiotic the organism is susceptible to. In the meantime you could try warm salt water gargles, steam inhalation and OTC Tylenol (acetaminophen).

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Did go to the doctor about a week ago. Said that I had a lung infection that resulted in bronchitis. He didn't give me any antibiotics, but instead prescribed me an inhaler, cough syrup, and decongestant. The inhaler worked wonders but made my hands shaky. Glad I'm better now after 2 1/2 weeks of it.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...