Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Keep Swallowing Phlegm at Back of Throat

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

I feel like there is something leaking from the back of my throat (where the nasal cavity connects to the throat, I think).  I haves spoken to my doctor, but he says it looks fine.  The problem is, is that I have to keep swallowing because I can feel it in the back of my throat.  There are no other signs or symptoms besides that.  It gives me a headache and always makes my mouth dry.  Thanks.
It is unlikely that drainage in the back of your throat will cause headaches.  However, it is possible that you have some sinus inflammation that is causing both the drainage and the headaches.  The drainage is not always visible in the throat, even when it is a problem.  This is most common when it is from an infection and is thick and discolored.  I would suggest talking with your doctor about the sinuses as a possible cause of the symptoms you are experiencing.
1 Comment
A related discussion, how can I rid myself of catarrh? was started.