Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Klebsiella Pneumoniae

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Klebsiella Pneumoniae

Klebsiella Pneumoniae confirmed by microbiology test and Piperacillin/tazobactam 4.5g IV taken for 6 days (18 injection shots) in hospital that suggested by microbiology antibiotic sensitive line up. Lungs have scars by pneumonia. After 6 days treatment blood test came back to normal. Klebsiella bacteria affected in lungs upper lobe and has scars. I discharged from hospital and doctor nothing to worry about it. you are cured. but after reading so many articles in internet its paranoid that KP is not curable. I am really worried. Just my wedding is fixed. It is curable completely or is not? Can I marry or have to cancel the marriage?
There a several varieties of Klebsiella, some more difficult to treat and cure than others.  Of the various varieties,  Klebsiella Pneumoniae mostly treatable and curable, even with some scarring.  That your infection responded so quickly and effectively to antibiotic therapy suggests that the bacteria that caused your pneumonia is curable and has now been cured.  It is highly likely that the doctor who told you that there was “nothing to worry about” is right; that you do not have to worry about recurrence.  Do not worry about the scarring either as scars sometimes persist, as a sign of healing.

You should assume that you are healthy and proceed with your wedding plans.  I wish you a fine wedding and a most enjoyable life with your husband.

Good luck