Respiratory Disorders Community
Lets solve the cough!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Lets solve the cough!

Atleast 5 people that I know and that are close to me all have every symptom mentioned in all the posts.  Started with a cold, end up with a cough/phlem and are miserable for weeks.  I am wondering why, if there are that many people with the same symtoms (symptoms), why haven't doctors caught on yet and realized that there is a problem and we need to get to the bottom of it.  I don't think that it is exactly health for a person to be sick for weeks/months on end.  After that long, a persons body just gets weak.  I think that everyone that has the chronic cough and can't seem to shake it with all the rx's they have been prescribed should be tested for whooping cough and or pertussis that was mentioned in a post that I read.  Apparently this is one diagnosis that is being overseen so lets test for it and find the source OR rule it out....I think that it should be done statewide so that everyone can be tested, even those who don't have insurance and or a regular physician.

This discussion is related to Constant Prolonged Cough - 4 Months now.