Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Lingering Bronchitis or sinusitis?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Lingering Bronchitis or sinusitis?

O.K. here is my biggest complaint. I have been sick for 3 weeks now. First, I had Tightness in my chest, followed by head congestion and a "productive" cough that lasted 1 week. Lat week my cough had gone away, but now its back but dryer and wheezy. I have EXTREME vertigo and "mental confusion". I was taking Levaquin followed by zpac. The worst part of this whole thing is that when I wake up, I feel like I got hit by a bus. As the day progresses I do feel a little better. By nighttime, EXHAUSTED! I also have a little fluid in my cough (feels like bubbles in my throat). When I do cough anything up, it is clear or white. What is going on with me??? What should I do?
There are several possible reasons for this.  One possible cause for all of these symptoms is a sinus infection.  This can be a problem over short or long periods of time.  The best way to check for this problem is to have a CT scan of the sinuses.  Since there are several causes for the symptoms you have described and you are obviously not getting better, I would suggest seeing your doctor and having some tests done to find out what is the problem before just taking another antibiotic.
Your symptoms sound a little like mine--I haven't felt well for several weeks.  One of my kids came home with a terrible cold with severe cough.  Everyone in the family went through it.  All my girlfriends and their kids had it--one friend even has been diagnosed with bronchitis, sinus infection and ear infection.  I did have yellow and clear phlegm from the cold, hard to breathe in deeply.  The cold, cough and phlegm is gone now.  The cold went away and then I had an episode with chest and back tightness--thought I was going to pass out.  Went to the ER and they diagnosed anxiety.  I have just generally been feeling unwell.  Went on vacation and had to come home after 4 days I felt so bad.  Felt pressure in my right abdomen and back.  I had my gall bladder removed 5 years ago and thought it might be related.  Couldn't eat--probably nerves.  Went to the dr and he sent me for a CT scan of abdomen.  Abdomen normal but found a nodule on lower right lung.  He sent me the next day for a CT of both lungs.  Found two nodules on the right lower lung--the largest 1 cm and other pea sized.  I am scared to death.  I go to see him Monday and he is sending me to a lung specialist.  He says the nodules do not appear to be cancer, but is still sending me to a specialist asap and also wants a PET scan.  I have smoked in the past, but never heavy.  Haven't smoked at all in 8 years.  If anyone can tell me anything to relieve my mind, I would appreciate.  Any similar experience?
denise 1962.3 years ago i had an abdominal cat that showed 2 nodules.one on the lower lobe of each lung. i havent smoked in several years. i was sent next day for a lung cat and then 3 days later a pet scan. the pet scan showed uptake on both nodules and also in my neck left side.i went right away to sloan kettering cancer center to see thorasic surgeon. a neck biopsy was done first. after a week of waiting,call finally came,negative for cancer. next week was a lung biopsy which is a bit more invasive but is the gold standard for diagnosis so i was told. after another week of waiting for results the call came back negative.i am going into my 4th year now and nothing has changed with the noduels,im told they are benign and i now go once a year for a cat scan.my pulmanary doctor told me when this started to never give up hope and he only told me the things it could be other than a cancer.he kept my sanity thru it all, a great man,so find a caring docotr ,get your tests and try not to worry.its not alwyas bad
usnvet
usnvet.  Thanks so much for sharing your info.  I am just a wreck.  Everyone tells me not to worry until I have something to worry about.  It's so hard.  I just see the faces of my two 6-year-old little girls.  I wish you all the best.  I hope my outcome is as positive as yours.   Denise
I had the PET Scan and it showed no activity for cancer.  I haven't been back to the dr. yet, but I'm sure they will do follow up CT scans, etc.  Thanks so much for your response.  Now if I can just get myself back together.  The anxiety of the testing has certainly taken a toll.