Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Lobulated Diaphragm?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Lobulated Diaphragm?
Hello. I have been having pain on my right side for about 3 weeks and after a chest x-ray and an ultrasound, the doctor's office called today and said the x-ray showed a lobulated right diaphragm and I need to have a CT scan to they can see it better. No matter where I look, I cannot find out what this means. Does anyone know what a lobulated right diaphragm means? Thanks so much!
The surface of ones diaphragm is normally very smooth.  However it may appear irregular or lobular, with the development of diaphragmatic hernias or on the basis of abnormal enlargement of the liver or other abdominal contents.  In the absence of a large hernia, this is seldom a serious problem.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker