Respiratory Disorders Community
Long Term effect of Pleurodesis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Long Term effect of Pleurodesis

About 13 years ago I underwent a pleurodesis on my right lung after experiencing pleural effusions (in both lungs).
The cause of the effusions was never established.  No malignancies were found and the effusions never returned.

Over the years I've always experienced a discomfort on the right side where the pleurodesis was performed.  More recently the discomfort has increased--for e.g. when I sneeze; with certain movements.  I feel it in side and back.  Sometimes the pain is sharp other times more diffuse.  

My question...is this normal?  Can I expect the discomfort to increase because of the effects of the pleurodesis.

Thanks in advance for your help.