Respiratory Disorders Community
Long haul flight after pneumonia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Long haul flight after pneumonia

I have just come home from 10 days in hospital 4 of which where spent in Intensive Care. I am 46 and until this I was very fit. I was struck down suddenly with a severe case of pneumonia pressumed Atypical pneumonia, sepsis and respiratory failure. The doctors have told me recovery will take up to 3 months as I have been very ill and it will be after Christmas before I am starting to feel like I am getting back to normal. It came on very suddenly. I had no cold or flu. I was admitted to hospital and then the next morning transferred to the Intensive Care unit and placed on a Cpap mask for 4 days before transferring to the respiratory ward. I was on oxygen for 9 days.
We are booked to fly (32 hour flying) to Europe in 3  time for a month in Europe. We would be travelling from a warm climate to a cold climate. The hospital doctor has recommended that I do not go.  What are your thoughts on this?  Thank you for listening.
first get yourself transfer factor advanced plus capsules
4TF.COM backed up by research it is not a vitamin supplement should increase your immune T killer cell activity 400% !!!

Air inside an airplane is pretty nasty , lots of germ and allergens. I would suggest you don't go . what ur heart says?

pls order the above mentioned formula.
normal dose is 2 caps but take upto 9 per day to boost your immune fucn , it will help fighting off the infection.

Order this formula also http://mall.coimbatore.com/bnh/pankaja/pankajakasthuri.html 400gm powder version , contains long pepper , it is used by ayurvedic doctors to ward off lung diseases..pls order these 2 meds. they helped me in my chronic bronchitis..
Thank you for your reply.  In my heart of hearts I know I should not go but I had been planning this trip since March and was excited about experiencing our first White Christmas but I know I need to put my health first, just hoping for a miraculous recovery I guess.  I will investigate your recommendations. Thanks
get well soon!

getting on an airplane is all out assault on the immune system any doctor will tell u that..

that tranfer factor thing , i have heard so much about it....

take gud care of urself n u will get better in no time!
If you have just come home from 10 days in the hospital, I would agree with the physician that Christmas is way too soon.  I spent 10 days total in the CCU for 2 periods and it took me 3 months before I was even able to go to the grocery store by myself.  I don't think you will be ready to tour Europe.  And it is true that you would be more likely to catch whatever germ is in the airline cabin.  I know it is a big disappointment and I do hope you have trip insurance?  Maybe try for spring or next Christmas??
Thank you for your comments.  Today I have canceled our trip.  We will try again next Christmas.  I still feel very weak and tired and have no energy to do much at home let alone take on a trip like this.  My family are very relieved that I have canceled the trip.