Respiratory Disorders Community
Long-term adverse Advair issues?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Long-term adverse Advair issues?

4336329?1239297998
I have been diagnosed with having asthmatic bronchitis since I was 11.  I was prescribed Advair a couple of years ago.  I took it for months, but then noticed all it was doing was making my asthma worse.  Sudden attacks that were much worse than I was used to, tightness, wheezing, the whole bit.  I decided to stop taking the medication.  I know it is against what a doctor would tell you to do, but I couldn't keep doing that.  I told my doctor I quit it, and why, and he said it was alright.  Ever since then though, I have had steadily worsening attacks, and what's worse, I cannot even excercise, run, play for a long time with my son.  I am not sure what to do at this point.  After hearing the Advair Diskus recall/lawsuit commercials on television, I am beginning to wonder if the Advair did some kind of underlying damage to me, and I just never knew it because I did not think to suspect it.  Any thoughts?

This discussion is related to Side effect of Advair.