Respiratory Disorders Community
Lots of mucus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Lots of mucus

I'm sixteen years old, and I have had a lot of mucus back up and a stuffy nose for a VERY long time now.  I have been to the doctor (my pediatrician, no specialists or anything) and they always relate it to allergy problems, even though i've never had any.  I tried taking claritan for a while, that didn't do anything.  Then lately I've been on singulair for the past few months, also no help whatsoever.  It's hard for me to swallow saliva, usually I have no problem eating or drinking.  Some days my throats sore, some days its not.  I'll get the occasional raspy voice also.  Same with the stuffy nose, it comes and goes as it pleases.  I try hacking the mucus up, but its just stuck there, feels like its closing up my throat.  Also a big thing I've noted is that whenever I go run (about 3-4 times a week) after a while I eventually have to stop because I I can't breathe out of my nose, and when I breathe out of my mouth its extremely difficult.  Also, whenever I CAN hack up some mucus or if I blow my nose, theres this black stuff in it, just like some of the mucus is black, but not all of it.  HELP PLEASE!!!! D:  
I also  have a problem with mucus getting stuck in my throat and the feeling of my airway closing up. I've found that gargling deeply with hydrogen peroxide ( full strength or diluted) helps loosen up the mucus, so I can hack it out. You might have to do this daily or as needed.