Low O2 sats
Last year, my husband complained to his doctor about shortness of breath and a sinus infection.  The doctor did not address his sinus issues but ordered a heart doppler, chest x-ray and pulse oximetry.  The pulse oximetry showed 80% on room air.

We notified the doctor about the O2 sats.  He had my husband repeat the pulse ox the next day, along with a CBC.  The pulse ox again showed 80%.

Three days later, I had to take my husband to the ER. He was diagnosed as have acute on chronic respiratory failure, multi-organ failure and sepsis.  While in the ER, he began having seizures.  His now former doctor says my husband was fine in the office.  He never addressed the sinus infection other than to give him Lortab for his sinus pain.

Could my husband's condition have been treated before it became catastrophic?  My husband did survive but spent 50 days in the hospital.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. But, sinus infections per say are unlikely to cause low oxygen saturation levels. It is likely that your husband was having a chest infection or disease which could have progressed.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.