Low Oxygen Saturation
Is anyone else scratching their head why they have low oxygen levels upon walking and exercising? doctors have ruled out Asthma, Sleep Apnea, Pulmonary Hypertension, ALS and say that my heart and lungs look "normal". They are concerned because now my oxygen levels go to 85 percent when I am walking to another room. Any ideas?
Blueeyes1
Have you had a chest CAT scan yet?  Have you had a full set of pulmonary function tests?  Do you smoke?  What other medical conditions do you have, if any?  Have you actually seen a pulmonologist?  Have they checked for alpha 1 antitripsin (sp) disease?  I hope they have at least put you on supplementary oxygen while this is sorted out.
I wonder if the doctors have considered shunting of blood with you.. Do you also happen to be short of breath as well as have other symptoms besides the low oxygen levels? I am sure that you have probably had CT scanning to rule out pulmonary emboli as well (blood clots to the lungs) That can cause this as well. Also, muscle problems can cause this, specifically if your diaphragm is affected. There are tests that can be done to see if your diaphragm is the culprit (xrays called fluroscopy to see the diphragm as you breathe, EMG of the diaphragm, etc)
Just throwing things out there...I can understand why you are frustrated with all of this..Sunny