Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Lump on Lung

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Lump on Lung

I will try to make this as breif as I can.  My father has had some health problems for the past 10 to 15 yrs, including a minor stroke, he's had several colon pollops removed and currently has another one that needs to be removed, he had a kidney removed a few years ago, and on April 8, 2002 he had a 5 bypass heart surgery. Dad is 78 yrs old.  For the past few weeks they have sent him back and forth from Dr Office to hospital.. for a lump on his side... he has made several trips, he has had exrays and ct scan. Yesterday he had a upper GI. He went back to Dr today.. they said the lump is on or in his lung, and are sending him to a "Lung Specialist". I am concerned...Could it be cancer? Dad smoked from the time he was 12 yrs old.. until the end of March 2002.  He hasn't smoked for a year... but maybe he quit too late!    Thank you for whatever help you can give me.....

Linda
It is very understandable that you are concerned about your father.  It is not possible to tell from the information that you have if it is cancer or not.  To tell whether or not it is cancer additional tests are usually needed.  This is why your father