Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Lung Collapse (Please Read)

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Lung Collapse (Please Read)

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to take some time and get your advice on something that I have went through over the past week. I am a 18 year old male, don't smoke and quite healthy. I endured a lung collapse a week ago around last Sunday. I woke up went in the hallway and had immediate pain in my back. At first I figured maybe I just pulled a muscle and just forgot about it. I waited a few days to the point I felt it was a bit too much. On apon going to the hospital they did a xray and came to the conclusion I had a spontaneous lung collapse. My assumption is i may have got it from sneezing quite rapidly the days before as I had allergies. Since it was only 10% they decided that it did not need any immediate medical treatment so i was not given a tube but just told to rest. Over the past few days I have got numerous X rays for follow ups and it seems like it is almost okay.

My questions are:
What is the reoccurrence rate of this? Has anyone only ever had one? 7

I am still feeling alot of pain sometimes evan on the other side, is this nromal?
Also feeling random pains where the actual collapse was before is this because it is healing?

When should I go back? What symptoms should I look out for? As I am sometimes even breathless from speaking or eating but worry it could be just anxiety from this all?

Any responses would greatly be appreciated. Or personal experiences :) I hope this is my last and only time!!