Respiratory Disorders Community
Lung Flushing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Lung Flushing

How do I know if I am a possible candidate for lung flushing?  I have a friend whos doctor informed her about it for she and her husband whom smoked many years.  But, I have never smoked yet lived around and breathed it most of my life.  I stayed congested the whole time growing up, living in a house full of smokers.  As I got older and married and moved away, only being exposed to smoke when going out...........I only got sick from time to time.  Then by God's blessing alone I became well as far as being congested or sinus problems.  Don't have to take any meds for it anymore!  But now in my 50's and just recectly there are times when it feels hard to breath and as tho there is something I need to cough up but don't have urges to cough.  I also have heartburn at night which I take meds for but not sure if it is really helping.  I've heard that reflux at night "can" drain down into your lungs and cause pneaumonia.  I hope thats not the case.  I've lost 2 sisters within the last 5 years.  One to pancriatic cancer and the other (her doctor wrote on her death certificat...."Broncoitus") although she had been diagnosed with COPD years earlier.  He was an idiot in my opinion!  Moreover, my birth father died with enphazima and diabetes but he was a horrible smoker!!!  I have another sister who has been diagnosed with a TOUCH of enphazima, copd, broncitus and had double pneaumonia in 2005 and we just almost lost her!  Now I have my 4th sister who is getting short of breath but won't go to the doctor.  She hates doctors and medical stuff.

My second question is how ( EXACTLY ) is the lung flush done.  How does it help and is it for sure to help?

Thanks,
MDTX